Family Immigration Services

If you’re here, most likely, you’re searching for ways to help immigrant family members, relatives, and loved ones whom you care deeply about.

You’re seeking advice, guidance, and assistance for them to win a green card so they can live and work legally in the United States.

We’re here to help you.

How The Family Immigration Process Works

Family immigration has long been a foremost principle of United States immigration law.

The process of bringing family members together, known as the family unification process, enables U.S. citizens and permanent residents to sponsor relatives for green card status and the opportunity to later apply for U.S. citizenship.

Here is a brief summary of the steps involved.

Step 1: Immigrant Relative Visa Petitions

Your first step is to file an I-130 immigrant family petition for your relative.  Once the I-130 petition is approved, your relative must wait for a visa to become available, at which time he or she can move forward to the next step.

Step 2: Permanent Residence

The second step happens when your immigrant relative can file his or her application for permanent residency. Sometimes the wait for a visa to become available takes place right away and sometimes it takes many years.

Step 3: Citizenship And Naturalization

The third and final step is when your family member applies for naturalization after having resided in the U.S. as a lawful permanent resident for the required number of years.

Specialized Family Immigration
Pathways To Legalized Status

Not all family immigration cases start with an I-130 immigrant relative petition.

Besides such family-based petitions, there are various immigration programs that have direct family consequences.

For instance:

  • Fiancé Visa Petitions

Many times, U.S. citizens want to marry someone who does lives in another country. Because they want to get married in the United States, they file an I-129F petition.

  • Violence Against Women Act Self-Petitions

Unfortunately, some immigrant marriages involve spousal and child abuse. The abuse may be physical, mental, emotional, or financial. In such situations, immigrants can file an I-360 self-petition to seek green card status on their own, without their abusive spouse or parent.

  • Immigrant Adoptions

The forms to use for international adoptions depends on whether you seek to adopt a child from a country that is a signatory to the Hague Convention.  For Hague Countries, you’re required to complete Form I-800A.  Otherwise, Form I-600A is required.

  • Widows And Widowers Of Deceased U.S. Citizens

Often times, an immigrant spouse is married to a U.S. citizen, who suddenly passes away. If widows or widowers can prove their marriage was in effect at the time of their spouse’s death and good faith, they can file Form I-360 widow petition to seek permanent residence.

These cases, as noted above, begin by filing different forms (not the I-130) which must be approved and require taking actions which must occur before your green card status can be granted.

Ready to take a serious and honest look at the strengths and weaknesses of your immigration case? Let’s get started with a personalized strategy and planning session . . .