Carlos Batara – Immigration Lawyer header image

I-130 Immigrant Relative Petitions

Perhaps the most common question I receive as an immigration lawyer who handles family visas, green card, and permanent residence cases is, “Who can I immigrate?”

This easy-to-use family petitions graph answers that question.


If you are a U.S. citizen, you are entitled to immigrate all of your closest relatives.  Your spouse, your parents, your children, and your brothers and sisters.

If you are a lawful permanent resident, you have fewer options.  You can only immigrate your spouse and your children under the age of 21.

For more detailed information about who you can immigrate and how to obtain immigration green card and permanent residency benefits for your family members and relatives, see this page: Immigration Family-Based Visas And Petitions

By Carlos Batara