Carlos Batara – Immigration Lawyer header image

Riverside Immigration Attorney Nationwide Services


The Immigration Process Is Like A Puzzle . . .
We’ll Help You Put The Pieces Together To Win Your Case

Let’s cut to the chase.

You want to become a permanent resident, win citizenship, or fight deportation.

But immigration law is, well, confusing.  And too hard to handle on your own.

You might have problems sleeping, eating, or relaxing.

Unfortunately, this is normal for most immigrants in your situation. After all, you risk losing so many things important to you.

Your job. Your home. Your friends. Worst of all, being separated from your family.

This is where our services come in.

We have helped immigrant families from more than 100 countries overcome difficult situations.

For over 20 years, immigrants have come to our offices for one reason and one reason only.

To fix their problems.

We’re here to help you and your family fix yours.

Do You Have A Hard Immigration Case? Don’t Give Up. We’re Here To Help.

Some immigrants do not reach out to an attorney because they believe their case is too hard to win.

Maybe it is.

But without a personalized in-depth review of your history, how can you know for sure?

For your convenience, we provide strategy and planning sessions in person, by telephone, email, or online.

During our time together, we’ll review your immigration history. Point out problems you have to fix. Assess various paths to meet your immigration needs.

Our goal is simple. To help you figure out what roads lead to your success.

Riverside Immigration
Family And Fiancé Services

At the Riverside Immigration Law Offices of Carlos Batara, our primary goals are to bring and keep immigrant families together.

Family Visas – Do you seek entry to the United States because you would like to join a family member living here?

Or are you a U.S. citizen or permanent resident who wants to file an immigrant visa petition for a close relative?

Fiancé K-1 Visas – Perhaps you’re only engaged. You are wondering how to sponsor your future husband for a fiancé(e) visa? You hope to help him enter the U.S. legally, get married, and win a green card.

Riverside Green Card Services 

Green Cards and Permanent Residence – If you’re like many of our clients, living and working in the U.S. may be your goal. But you’re afraid of taking this big step alone.

Riverside Immigration I-601 Hardship Waivers – Maybe you’re required to return home for your permanent resident interview. Because you lived in the U.S. for a long period without permission, you must win a I-601 waiver. Or you may not be able to re-enter.

Violence Against Women Act – If you have been a victim of abuse by a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse, you might be eligible to seek green card status under VAWA.

Riverside Citizenship Services

Naturalization And Citizenship – Citizenship is the final frontier of immigration law. You do not want to stop at permanent residency. You want to apply for the full privileges of naturalization and to become a U.S. citizen. But you have a few blemishes and fear denial.

Riverside Immigration Appeals And Deportation Defense Services

Immigration Court Deportation And Removal Defense – Are you facing deportation at immigration court? In such cases, it is not usually in your best interests to handle your case without legal counsel. Bond hearings, hardship presentations, and immigration trials are not simple.

Immigration Appeals – Even if you went to court on your own and lost, you might still be able to fight back. Don’t quit until you assess filing an appeal and having the immigration court decision reversed.

Asylum – Were you subjected to persecution, torture, or abuse in your home country? You may qualify for protection under asylum law or the Convention Against Torture.

Temporary Protected Status – When TPS is granted, the grant is temporary. One day, the program for your home counry will end. Will you be ready? Look into your options today.

Motions To Reopen And Reconsider – If you have been to immigration court, or filed for permanent residence, and you lost, don’t lose hope.  Many times, motions to reopen or to reconsider can help give you a second chance for victory.  .

In addition, our Riverside immigration services include U and T visas for victims of crime or trafficking, DACA, diversity lottery visas, the Cuban Adjustment Act, as well as a variety of other special programs.


Keeping Immigrant Families Together

Some cases are complex and take several years to resolve.

Others are straight-forward. Avoiding careless errors and hidden traps are the keys to success.

Here is a brief sample of matters presented to us by immigrant families.

  • Achieve Immigrant Family Visa And Permanent Residence Success

“My boy friend entered with a visa many years ago but never left. Can he get a green card if we get married?”

“The government told me and my husband that we did not prove our marriage is legal. We have to file more papers by next month.”

  • Win Citizenship And Naturalization Status

“I wasn’t born in the U.S. but my grandmother was a U.S. citizen who moved to my home country with she married my grandfather.”

“I filed papers for citizenship but the officer said I did not have good moral character. Will I be deported?”

  • Overcome Family Separation And Deportation Worries

“My U.S. citizen husband did not finish filing immigration papers for me before he died.”

“My brother has two young kids and a wife. He was never in trouble before he was arrested for drunk driving. Is there anything we can do to stop his deportation?”

A Nationwide Immigration Practice 

Our immigration law services are not limited to Riverside.

First, our office provides assistance to families not only living in, but also living nearby Riverside.


Second, in the Southern California region, we have multiple locations to assist clients.

Third, our immigration services are also not limited to Southern California.

Our virtual office and internet-based services help immigrants and their families living across California, around the United States, and overseas.

We have grown from our original San Diego and Riverside immigration office locations into a nationwide practice.

During this period, we have successfully assisted immigrants in the following states:

  • Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida
  • Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts
  • Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico
  • New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island
  • Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin

We can assist you wherever you live, wherever you were born.

Leave No Stone Unturned In Your Case

Once you realize you need immigration help, you should act quickly.  A delay might cause you to lose your case.

Your options should be evaluated by an immigration expert as soon as possible.

In many cases, the earlier we can begin to work with you, the greater your chances for success.

Whether you’re trying to achieve legal residency, defend against removal and deportation, or obtain U.S. citizenship, you need to find the right immigration attorney for you and your family’s needs.

Carlos Batara is that kind of attorney.



No stone will left unturned in representing you and your family. Your case will always get the utmost care. All avenues of success, including your possible qualification for little known immigration green card programs will be weighed.

In other words, we’re here to help you and your family live the American Dream. Buy a house, build a well-paying career, and give your children the opportunity to become accountants, doctors, or lawyers.

Ready to take a serious and honest look at the strengths and weaknesses of your immigration case? Let’s get started with a personalized strategy and planning consultation . . .