Carlos Batara – Immigration Lawyer header image

Rialto Immigration Services


Living in the United States without permanent resident status is difficult.

  • Maybe your husband cannot find a good-paying job because he does not have a green card or work permit.
  • Perhaps your oldest child just graduated from high school but cannot go to college or join the military.
  • Or your sister is facing deportation due to a crime she committed 10 years ago.

Getting past these problems is difficult. But if we work together, you will have a better chance of success.

For more than 20 years, we’ve helped many immigrants from several different countries, move past such issues and win the right to live, work, and go to school legally in the United States.

We’d like to help you and your family.

If you’re looking for a fresh start, this is where things can start to get better.

Rialto Family And Citizenship Services

As part of our efforts to help guide and assist immigrant families living in Rialto and surrounding areas, San Bernardino immigration lawyer Carlos Batara provides a full range of immigration services.

Our immigration family unity practice areas include:

Family Visas And Family Petitions

Our Rialto family immigration services include family-based visas, spousal petitions, I-130 family petitions, fiancé visas and fiancée visas, and Walsh Act defense cases.

Fiancé(e) Visas

We provide assistance for fiancé visas and fiancée visas. Some Rialto clients met the love of their life in another country and would like to get married in the United States.

Permanent Residence And Green Cards

Our Rialto permanent residence services cover all aspects of the green card process. This includes helping you with conditional green card issues, requests for evidence, intent to deny notices, adjustment of status, consular processing, and I-601 hardship waivers.


If My Husband And I Separate Before The Green Card Interview, Will I Lose My Permanent Residence Case?

“I have an appointment coming up in a few weeks to become a permanent resident. My husband is not living with me. About a month ago, I found out he was seeing another woman. We had a big argument. He moved out. We still talk on the telephone but he won’t tell me where he lives. He does not know if he wants to stay as a married couple. He does not plan to go to the appointment with me. Do I have to drop my case?”

(Submitted by Jennifer A., Rialto, CA)

Click here for the complete answer.

Naturalization And Citizenship

Rialto naturalization lawyer Carlos Batara helps clients with all types of citizenship cases, including derivative citizenship, citizenship by acquisition, dual citizenship, military service, and denaturalization defense matters.

Employment-Based Visas

At our Rialto office, our assistance includes visas based on employment like H-1B visas, H-2A visas, H-2B visas, H-3 visas, L-1 visas, and TN visas

Rialto Immigration Court
Defense And Appeals

For over 20 years, Immigration Lawyer Carlos Batara has developed expertise in helping immigrant clients with immigration court trials and deportation appeals.

Deportation And Removal Defense

Our Rialto deportation and removal defense services include immigration court hearings, immigration trials, bond hearings, and motions to reopen.

Immigration Appeals

As a immigration appeals lawyer for Rialto, Carlos handles BIA Appeals, AAO Appeals, AAU Appeals, Ninth Circuit Appeals, and Federal Court Appeals.

If you’re looking for a fresh start, don’t give up before you even get started. Even after you’ve lost your case, our office may be able to help you fight back.


Sometimes, filing an appeal is not your best approach to starting over. Perhaps you want to try to reopen your case.

There are three situations which may allow you to reopen your deportation case in immigration court.

If you miss a hearing at immigration court, the immigration will order you to be deported in your absence. This is called an in absentia deportation order.

In some cases, after an immigrant has been ordered to be deported, new facts emerge.

Or perhaps something exceptional, beyond your control, kept you from showing up at your hearing.

None of these reasons guarantee your case will be reopened.

Most immigration judges do not like to grant these motions.

Click this link for the complete answer: Snatching Victory From The Jaws Of Defeat At Immigration Court

Special Immigration Green Card Programs

Our immigration services for Rialto residents include a wide range of programs: asylum, VAWA, TPS, U and T Visas for trafficking victims, registry, diversity lottery, NACARA, and soon DREAM Act petitions.

Ready to take a serious and honest look at the strengths and weaknesses of your immigration case? Let’s get started with a strategy and planning session . . .