Carlos Batara – Immigration Lawyer header image

Victorville Immigration Services


All immigrants have dreams.

  • The ability to get a higher paying job and support your family here and abroad
  • The opportunity for your children to someday go to college or join the military
  • The chance to buy a home for your spouse and kids

Most likely, your own goals include all of the above.

You may not know how to get there from where you are right now.

Perhaps you entered the U.S. without permission or overstayed your visa exit date. You fear getting arrested and deported by immigration officers.

Yet, maybe there is a way to help you.

If there is an answer for your needs, we’ll do our best to help you find it.

“I came to the U.S on a work visa. When I got divorced, my papers were cancelled. I was too afraid to ask anyone for help. I lived like this for 15 years.

Then I married again. For over a year I did nothing. I thought it was illegal to file new papers. A friend told me to visit Attorney Batara about my problem. My husband and I went to talk with him, and we hired him on the spot.

Two months later my husband moved out. I thought my dreams were over.

When Attorney Batara called, I would not call him back. I did not reply to his letters. I wanted to be left alone, so one day I returned the call. I talked to his secretary. She was very nice. She convinced me to meet with him before giving up. She said he might be able to find another way to help me.

He listened to my story and laid out a new plan. He said it would be hard. We had to start over again. He was very sincere, so I agreed to try. I’m lucky that I took the chance. He helped me every step, and now I’m finally a legal resident.”

Amalia Rodgers, Victorville, California

Victorville Family Visa Services

At the San Bernardino Immigration Law Offices of Carlos Batara, we specialize in helping immigrants find solutions to their problems.

Our primary immigrant family services strive to to keep immigrant families together – which means to help bring your relatives to the U.S. legally and to keep them from being deported if they entered without inspection or overstayed their visit.

Family Visas – The first step, usually, to helping you achieve your immigration dreams requires filing a family petition for a spouse, child, parent, brother, or sister.

Fiancé Visas – What if you plan to get married, but your future spouse lives in another country?

Your best course of action may be to file for a fiancé or fiancée visa. This enables you to bring your future spouse to the U.S. as long as you plan to get married within 90 days of his or her entry.

Victorville Permanent Residence Services

Immigration Lawyer Carlos Batara has guided clients living in Victorville and nearby communities earn permanent residency, green cards, as well as citizenship, for over 20 years.

Green Cards, Permanent Residence, And Citizenship – There are several types of problems you might encounter on the journey to adjusting your status to lawful permanent resident.

Here’s an issue which confuses some immigrants when they apply for green card status.

Affidavits Of Support

Many immigrants applying for permanent residency are surprised to learn they need to submit an Affidavit of Support, before they are approved for a green card.

Although the forms look simple, there are technicalities you should know before filing your green card application.

What Is An Affidavit of Support?

Essentially, the Affidavit of Support is a legal contract between an immigrant’s petitioner and the U.S. Government.

Immigration officials do not want the soon-to-be green card holder to rely on government support, such as welfare, food stamps. As a result, the petitioner must fill out a set of income-related documents which helps the government determine if the petitioner has enough funds to financially support the immigrant.

How Much Does The Sponsor Have To Make?

The requirement is 125% of the official U.S. poverty level.

The exact amount depends on the petitioner’s household size. For instance, if the petitioner is already supporting two children, then he or she has to meet the amount, set by the government, for four people – the sponsor, the immigrant to be sponsored, and the two children.

What If The Petitioner Does Not Make Enough Money?

If the petitioner does not make enough income to qualify as a sponsor, the green card applicant may find a joint sponsor.

A joint sponsor must also be willing to accept legal responsibility for supporting the immigrant.

Usually, joint sponsors are the immigrant’s family members, but they do not have to be related to the green card seeker.

Victorville Immigration Deportation Defense And Immigration Appeals

From visiting immigrants in detention to seeking their release from custody to presenting their cases in trial to fighting a negative decision, Carlos Batara has battled immigration agencies for over 20 years, and developed a reputation for helping immigrants in their greatest hours of need.

Deportation And Removal Defense – If you’re facing removal from the United States at immigration court, it is not in your best interests to handle your case on your own.

Having specialized in deportation defense for two decades, Victorville Immigration Attorney Carlos Batara has vast experience handling immigration court trials, bond hearings, and prosecutorial discretion matters.

Immigration Appeals – Even if you have went forward on your own, and lost, it may not be too late to fight back. As part of our one-stop services, we handle complex BIA and Federal Court appeals.

Asylum, TPS, And Other Special Immigration Programs -At immigration court, it is often necessary to raise special humanitarian immigration programs to defend against deportation and removal. When applicable, this  includes filing of asylum claims, Temporary Protected Status applications, and Convention Against Torture petitions.

Victorville Employment Visa Services

Employment-Based Visas – As part of our one-stop approach to immigration services, the Law Offices of Carlos Batara provides a full range of employment-based services, including H-1B, H-2A, H-2B, H-3, and L-1 visas.




Schedule Your 1-On-1 Strategy And Planning Session Today

Now Serving The Entire Inland Empire 
(909) 467 - 6736