As part of our immigration law services, we assist clients seeking a green card through employment.
If you would like to know more about our family immigration services, click here: Do You Qualify For A Green Card Through Family Members?
Our services include work visas such as H-1B visas, H-2A visas, H-2B visas, H-3 visas, and TN visas.
In your efforts to obtain immigration benefits, the job sought must qualify under certain employment preference categories.
Employment Preference Categories
In order to qualify for a green work through your employment, the type of work you will be doing must fit into one of the following employement-based preference classes:
First Preference: Priority Workers
There are three sub-categories of priority workers.
(1) Employees With Extraordinary Ability
These clients need to show:
- Achievements which have brought national or international acclaim
- Their job in the U.S. will be within their area of expertise
- Their extraordinary ability will substantially benefit the United States
(2) Outstanding Professors And Researchers
- International reputation for being outstanding in a particular academic field
- Three years of teaching or research experience
- Entering the US to accept a tenure-track position at a university or a research job with a company that has a history of significant research achievements
(3) Corporate Executives And Managers
Second Preference: Workers With Advanced Degrees Or Exceptional Ability
Third Preference: Skilled And Unskilled Workers With No Advanced Degrees
Fourth Preference: Special Immigrants
This category includes religious workers and former U.S. government employees.
Fifth Preference: Employment Creators/Investors
Investors are required to invest $500,000 to $1,000,000 in new businesses which will create jobs.
Under the North American Free Trade Agreement, Canadian and Mexican visitors are allowed to perform certain types of jobs in the United States without having work visas.
Ready to take a serious and honest look at the strengths and weaknesses of your immigration case? Let’s get started with a personalized strategy and planning consultation . . .